Why aren't my rates showing? Customers are getting an error at the checkout!
If an error message appears when customers try to check out, this could be down to a number of reasons in your Shopify and Addition settings. Here's a checklist to help you troubleshoot this!
- Make sure you input weights for your products in Shopify. If you do not have weights associated with your products, our app cannot provide a rate at checkout.
- Have you ensured that your products are set to physical products, not service or digital products?
- Do you have Shopify Shipping Profiles for different products? Make sure Australia Post Shipping is set up as a carrier in all the necessary profiles. i.e. the app may be set up in the General Profile, however if a customer selects a product that is in a different profile where the app is not set up as a carrier, they will not be able to check out.
- Make sure your 'Product inventory location' vs 'Shipping from locations' match.
- Shipping & Delivery settings - If your stock is held in multiple warehouses, ensure you have the app set up as a carrier in the correct shipping from location(s), e.g.
- Sometimes... Shopify Shipping Zones, in particular the 'Service levels' need a refresh.
- Firstly, have you set up your rates in Addition? Quick demo here:
- Check you have all your packages set up in Addition
- Check your products can actually fit into the packages that are set up, e.g. if your product dimensions are 100cm x 10cm x 10cm, make sure you have a package with the same or slightly bigger dimensions so the app recognises "This is the package the item can to be sent in! This is the package I'll use to calculate shipping!"
Tips when testing your checkout
Are you testing your store by putting items into your cart and proceeding through checkout to the point where it calculates shipping?
- If the rates are not showing at this point, it could be because the delivery address you have used is not real or is the same as the address you set your products to dispatch from. Try again using a real address that is not your own dispatch location.
- Test in an incognito browser, or clear your browser cookies and cache. Often the Shopify cache will keep prompting an error message, even when you have fixed the settings within Addition and/or Shopify.
- Try using a different postcode every time you test the checkout; this forces Shopify to send a new shipping calculation request to our app.
If you've worked through all these steps and are still having trouble with your rates please contact our support team.